- Product Dimensions: 11 x 9 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B0000ATZD5
- Item model number: ST-30
By : Trimax
Price : $11.03
You Save : $5.37 (33%)
Trimax ST30 The only spare tire lock that secures each spare tire tire bracket to welded frame member! Locks by way of wheel lug nut hole for maximum safety. Perfect for securing to Jeeps, truck spare tires and vans. No internal springs to seize up or break. Triple plated chrom finish. Hardened steel. Knurling on lock head adds style and grip and is machined from 100% solid forged steel. Stainless steel internal components. TRIMAX tends to make the world's toughest locks. Through worth added engineering design, TRIMAX is committed to product innovation that holds up to the highest quality standards. TRIMAX offers maximum security for marine, trailer and tow, RV, efficiency truck, energy sports and bicycle applications. Tested. Tough. TRIMAX. TRIMAX presents a lifetime warranty on all of their items.
- Big 12 mm braided steel cable
- O-ring keeps water, grime and dirt out of locking mechanism to ensure years of use
- Protective rubber cap protects keyhole from water, grime and dirt
- Kind A crucial which is a spring loaded, 7 pin, high security important. Resists attempted drill outs. Rugged and durable, the crucial will not bend or break.
- Knurling on lock head adds style and grip and is machined from 100% solid forged steel
If you live in Chicago and drive an SUV, you need a spare tire lock. I doubt this cable lock will prevent someone from stealing my tire for the second time if they REALLY want to steal it, but hopefully it will deter them enough to steal someone else's tire.
The cable is long enough to secure the spare tire in my 2003 Toyota 4-Runner which is mounted under the truck.
I'm giving this a 4 because the rubber sheathing was slightly shorter than the cable revealing a handy place for some bolt cutters to bite into my new security system.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the lock works years from now and that no one steals my tire in the process.
The Wrangler spare is held on by three lug nuts, the other holes are covered from the inside by the mount so you can't get this cable thru any of them. The only way is to drill a hole thru one of the other two holes and thru the mount. This takes the simplicity out of using this cable lock, obviously. But if you're willing to do this, it just takes a few extra minutes and then the lock works great on it. I'll probably also add a locking lug nut to mine for added theft deterrence. A cable lock isn't foolproof but it gives you another level and at this price why not?