- Shipping Weight: 16.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B002LF7GYK
- Item model number: XG12 Pro 245
By : Thule
Price : $162.38
You Save : $67.57 (29%)
Thule Model 245 Deluxe XG12 Pro Snow chain is a self-tensioning snow chain for SUV and cross-more than vehicles. Capabilities enhanced pattern chain design with double traction plates welded to enhance grip and performance. Consists of self tensioning technique and is 12 mm inside tire offering tread clearance for superior driving comfort and has anti-scratch nylon bumpers protecting alloy wheels. Innovative style with exceptional color-coded touch points.
- New pattern chain design with double steel plates to boost grip and performance
- Patented self -tensioning and is self-centering automatically tightens the chains as you drive away
- 12mm inside tire offering tread clearance
- Hand-made in Italy with unique material alloy plates and strengthening ribs for maximum grip and long extended chain life
- Total alloy rim protection
I almost didn't buy these chains because of the price, but I decided to drop the cash and give them a try. What a brilliant decision!
They install so easily and with the auto-tensioner, there's no more pulling some black circular rubber band thing and trying to hook it in 5 places along the chain. You hook the chains around the tire, slip the auto-tensioner piece through the hole until there is no slack and drive.
Taking off the chains is just as easy.
I feel sorry for the saps on the side of the road struggling with their chains, then end up paying some chain installer to help them out.
I have used these three times now. They are easy to get on and off, even under less than ideal conditions. The self tensioning is a great feature that takes some of the guess work out of getting the chains to fit properly. When installed, the traction is amazing!