- Shipping Weight: 4.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B0002KKML0
- Item model number: 910
By : Gorilla Automotive
List Price :
Price : $65.40
You Save : $17.08 (21%)
Amazon.com Item Description
The Gorilla Grip 3 Steering Wheel Lock is the most advanced steering wheel lock available, now with the convenience of remote alarm activation. It stops auto theft in 4 methods: Initially, the Grip 3 locks onto your steering wheel producing the vehicle all but impossible to drive. Second, a piercing 130dB electronic alarm protects the automobile, activating if the Grip 3 is tampered with or disturbed. Third, the built-in flashing LED warns would-be automobile thieves that the vehicle is armed and protected. Fourth, a high-powered LED light flashes when the siren sounds for added security.
Solid, Durable Construction
Made of cut-proof hardened steel, the Gorilla Grip 3's Security Arms lock between the steering wheel net for added security. Vinyl coating on the Security Arms will not mar or damage your steering wheel. The Gorilla Grip 3 can be custom fitted to any steering wheel.
Remote Manage Included
The Grip 3 is now even less difficult and a great deal more convenient to use. When in place on your vehicle's steering wheel, you can basically arm and disarm the alarm with a single button push of the remote. Activation starts inside 5 seconds and continues to warn away auto thieves with its LED light until you are prepared to deactivate it with the remote.
The Grip 3's 130dB siren, when tripped, sounds for a full 40 seconds along with a flashing high-powered LED before automatically rearming itself. An anti-muffler design prevents the siren from getting covered and not heard.
Stops Auto Theft in 4 Strategies
Gorilla Grip III Steering Wheel Lock stops auto theft in 3 methods. Initially, the Grip 3 locks onto the steering wheel producing the vehicle virtually impossible to drive. Second, the electronic alarm protects the vehicle by activating the 130dB siren if the Grip 3 is tampered with or disturbed. Third, the built-in flashing LED acts as a visual deterrent to warn vehicle thieves that the vehicle is armed and protected.
- Activation starts in 5 seconds to warn away car thieves
- Potent 130dB siren
- LED Warning Light
- Straight forward push of the remote disarms the alarm
- Quicker and easier to operate
I recently purchased this product via Summit Racing in order to enhance the security system already on the vehicle. I must admit the product doesn't lack effort on the part of its designers, but falls short in a couple or so areas.
1. As with most steering wheel locks, can be easily defeated by simply cutting the steering wheel and discarding the product. Although the alarm is loud, 130db isn't sufficient enough to cause a loud disturbence. Sounds like a smoke alarm siren to some degree outside of the vehicle. Oh yeah, that'll scare the thief off. Alerts for 40 seconds, and then resets itself, not enough time.
2. The unit is battery operated by nature, thus there are two screws located on the bottom of the battery compartment. Know where I'm going Sure you do, they are standard phillips heads, allowing for either the battery to be removed or wires cut to siren doing a theft of the vehicle. It only takes a few seconds to unscrew the screws and cut the wire to the siren and I'm an average do-gooder.
3. The remote to the alarm resembles a cheap childrens toy. It lasted a few months before communication was lost between the remote and recieving unit. Conviently after the warranty period had elapsed.
Overall, it is a decent product(being generous). Replacement screws, requiring a hex key, will only cost a couple of bucks at a local hardware store. 2. Theft-deterrent not theft-proof are the key words.
I recommend the club 491 (for cars and trucks) or the Club 493 for motorcycles and smaller tires. The earlier of which I've purchased and should receive this coming Friday.
As with any theft-deterrent, if a thief wants it, they'll get it and you if necessary. No product is fool-proof or perfect.
Hopefully my first review will help someone.
I'M MR. COOPER. THAT'S MY TWO CENTS. NOW SPEND IT WISELY.
I purchased the Gorilla Grip III for my Jeep Wrangler. With the price I paid I did not think that it would be the ultimate security device, but as from past experience, perception and sending criminals to an easier target works most of the time. Installation is simple, yes the original battery should be replaced ( very simple to do ), and I found that locking the steering column by turning the steering wheel, then putting the device in place works pretty good. The remote works good ( 50 feet ), the alarm could be louder, but is pretty sensitive. The bar would make driving pretty hard, but possible ( if someone is stealing your car they won't be to concerned about leaving it undamaged ). The flashing red light is pretty visable at night. Put all these features together and it will probably stop
all but the most determined or professional criminals ( they also need to know how to start the car ). It would not stop someone from stealing your stereo or rims, but there are other devices available for those situations. I believe it met my expectations, and Amazon's price was $ 20 cheaper with free shipping, compared to where I buy most of my Jeep accessories.