- Product Dimensions: 40 x 17.2 x 5.9 inches ; 18 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 18.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B00029KBF8
- Item model number: BT300
By : Surco
List Price :
Price : $137.69
You Save : $3.99 (3%)
three-Bike Rack and Spare Tire Rack carry your bikes safely with our spare tire bike rack
- Attaches to any spare tire applying a heavy duty mounting plate
- Top plate secures and locks bikes to rack
- Bikes are securely gripped in a non-scratch padded channel
- Durable black powder coat finish
I recently bought this rack to fit on our 2004 Toyota RAV-4. It installs pretty easily - you have to take the spare tire off to mount it, and the first install can take up to 45 minutes when fiddling with the spare. But I especially like that I can keep the mounting hardware connected and still replace the tire cover. That way each time we travel we only need to slip off the tire cover and attach the main rack (what you see in the photo).
The bikes secure like a sandwich - the top piece which secures the bike frames to the rack comes with two securing bolts, one of which is lockable (key included). Which is nice if you want to stop for something to eat (or some other errand) on the way back from your ride.
The bikes felt very secure during our drive on the highway.
put this on my 2000 toyota rav4. work greats. it is very solid. great design. the rack is two pieces: one that stays on the rav4 all the time and the other that screws on very quickly to the permanent part so when you are not carrying bikes you can quickly remove the rack portion and put the tire cover back on...very clever. this is an industrial strength rack. it is worth the money.