- Product Dimensions: 28 x 18 x 5 inches ; 10 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 10.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000ELQNYM
- Item model number: 103DB
By : Allen Bike Racks
Price : $39.54
You Save : $50.45 (56%)
This Deluxe Trunk Mounted Bike Carrier by Allen holds up to three bikes and is ideal for weekend biking trips with friends and family. Compatible with most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs, this rack features 15-inch long carry arms and a tie-down system to securely holds and protect each bicycle. The rack comes fully assembled, so it can be set up and attached quickly.
About Allen Bike RacksIn 1967, after a few years of working on the aerospace technology for the Apollo missions, Dick Allen was out of a job. Government cutbacks led Allen, a Harvard-trained physicist, to transform his garage hobby into a new industry. A cycling enthusiast, inventor, and family man, Allen had a personal need for a bike-carrying device. On weekends, he would take his sons and wife to Cape Cod or the White Mountains of New Hampshire. What proved difficult time and again was the transport of his family’s bicycles. Rather than fight through inconvenience with twine and a dinged car, Allen sought an answer for himself as well as a market in which he foresaw major growth possibilities.
Always a pathfinder, Allen took to work in his Lincoln, Massachusetts garage in search of a more efficient way to transport bikes. Drafting designs during the day and constructing them throughout the night, he put together a model made of electrical conduit, metal strapping, and fire hose casings (for padding). At first, the Allens tested the prototype on weekend excursions. Finding the first trunk-mounted rack to be a success, Dick started Allen Bike Racks. Dealer acceptance came quickly, and by 1971 Allen Bike Racks were sold nationally through a number of major bicycle distributors. Today, the company owns over three dozen patents and offers a versatile product line of bike racks while Dick’s son Alex now owns and operates the business. What started out as a small garage run operation now operates three warehouses nationally, two factories abroad, and has products sold in more than a dozen countries around the world.
Deluxe Trunk Mounted 3-Bike Carrier
- Model 103D
- Fits most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs
- Single configuration design eliminates headaches during set up and installation
- Patented individual tie-down system secures and protects bicycles
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials